Monday, February 25, 2008

The self portrait is done and it has a very contemporary feel to it. The colors are fun and energetic according to those who have seen it so far. I won't reveal it until the challenge has been revealed. Sorry.

I have about completed Meditation Garden #48. It is a 10X10" canvas and I hope to sign it and photograph it later today. The acrylic is still drying and there are a few milky spots that I want gone before I decide to photograph this piece. In the newer works I seem to be investigating the sense of space on the 2 dimensional plane and seeing how far i can push that affect. Never easy and always challenging. MG43 and MG47 were the beginning of this investigation. Color is an important part of this experimentation.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Hello Howard, I just saw a photo of your Meditation Garden #48 in WetCanvas and it is an absolute beauty!!