Monday, February 18, 2008

I have made a conscious decision to take a bit of time off from work. I have been working hard for several years now and feel depleted and exhausted. At the moment I am working on a self portrait. I am not, nor have I ever been a portrait painter. I have a need to torture myself now and again and do one just to see what can be done from a contemporary painter who does little with the figure in any form. It is a major challenge and I do tend to approach it in my very own manner. Right, wrong or indifferent. In the meantime I am constructing power point presentations for my class at the Rinlging College which requires a great deal of reading and computer time. 10 weeks really isn't enough time it seems. So, thanks for reading and I will be dropping in every few days with an update.

No comments: