Friday, November 25, 2005

pushing


I have a penchant to push myself a bit. I am not good at certain things but feel they are still quite necessary and do make me think and act differently. Self portraits are part of this effort. My most recent effort here has had its challenges and it is still far from done. I keep plugging away at it. It is a way to charge forward with something that can/might/ ought to be playful and at the same time educational and in the end hopefully enlightening in one form or another.

3 comments:

Anita said...

This is a very interesting piece - nice use of expressive colour and brushstrokes. From someone who once said he was not a people painter this is a major contradiction to that statement. Very nice piece!

Sandy said...

I am very impressed with this painting. It is very expressionist in style and use of colour and the pose (composition) works so well.I particularly like that brilliant, electric blue which adds such "zip" to this work.

Kathleen Pequignot said...

I think it's healthy to keep pushing yourself into areas that make you grow artistically. This is a very nice piece of art. I've never done a self-portrait. I know, shame on me. See, now you've inspired me!